The V9 series represent a revolution in Graphical User Interfaces. A new concept, a new philosophy, through which every user can access the latest network technologies offered by global networking, without any specific knowledge. Thanks to its powerful connectivity the V9 series connects everything to everyone at everywhere.
The V9 series is the perfect industry partner in the era of the IIoT. And thanks to a wide range of functionalities, its lineup helps to establish the most efficient information system fulfilling the needs of automation and connectivity.
Every V9 unit is equipped with a built-in VPN router, which makes easy and safe the remote access to it and to every device connected to the HMI.
FEATURES – Network
Web Machine Interface
- VPN Remote Access / Cloud Data Utilization Solution
The Web Machine Interface is a solution service that makes remote monitoring safe, easy, and inexpensive.
It consists of two services: “VPN Remote Access Service” which enables secure remote monitoring by VPN and “Cloud Data Utilization Service” which
can receive various types of data via a cloud server. By performing remote maintenance, it is possible to check for signs of abnormality in advance and
ensure proper maintenance of the machine. It also helps to reduce the number of sudden stoppages and implements preventive maintenance.
Creates remote connectivity inexpensively
If you have an Internet connection, you can build a VPN environment only by the V9 series without using a VPN router.
Provides highly secure remote access
SSL-VPN enables you to securely connect to remote locations without worrying about eavesdropping or tampering.
Makes it easy to access peripheral devices remotely
The built-in routing function allows easy remote access to PLC and various devices connected to the V9 series by Ethernet.
Network Camera Compatible
- Real-time Monitoring of Remote Site
By connecting to a network camera, it is possible to display camera images in real time on the V9 series screen. It is especially useful for monitoring and checking the inside of clean rooms.
- Easily Retrieve Files in Storage from Remote Locations
FTP Server Function: Files in a storage media inserted in a V9 can be read out and written using a PC.
FTP Client Function: Files on an FTP server can be read and written using the V9 series.
- Control the PC Screen from the V9 series
By connecting to Ethernet, you can display the screen of the PC directly on the V9 series. You can view work instructions and manuals located on PCs even at manufacturing sites that do not allow you to carry in PCs. It improves the efficiency of maintenance.
Network Printer Compatible *
- Share Printers with Multiple V9 series
Printing jobs from multiple V9 series can be shared via a single network printer. Network printer connection supports both wired and wireless LAN, and that helps to achieve space and cable savings.
* Compatible only with EPSON ESC/P-R. Wireless LAN connection is possible for wireless LAN compatible products.
- Remote Connection from Tablet PCs
All of the V9 family has remote monitoring/maintenance capabilities via Ethernet, thanks to its VNC feature.
Direct communication with your tablet PC
Wireless LAN models have built-in access point so that you can establish connection with wireless LAN devices without setting up extra access points.
DHCP Server * / DHCP Client
- Easy Communication with DHCP
The information required for network connectivity can be acquired from a server as a DHCP client or can assign to a client as a DHCP server.
* The DHCP server is only available for wireless LAN-compatible products.
- Connection and Data Transmission with Multiple Devices
You can connect up to eight different models, off-brand PLC and other peripheral devices at the same time via both Ethernet and serial connection.
Supports EtherCAT Connections
- EtherCAT (Slave) Connections
The “CUR-09” communication unit for EtherCAT connection allows for general connection to EtherCAT compatible models. It can also serve as a gateway between devices connected to the V9 series and the EtherCAT master equipment.
TELLUS and V-Server
- Remote Monitoring and Operation Solutions
This application software connects remotely located V9 series to office computers in order to provide on-site information and to monitor and control equipments.
You can allocate jobs based on the operation conditions of the line, respond quickly to trouble, and achieve more efficient and cost-effective production.
Real-time collection of on-site information.
• Data can be collected in real time by capturing site status and production information.
• It can be linked with databases such as SQL Server. Or save data in CSV or Excel format.
• It supports operations suited to the site via various operation directives based on event monitoring.
Easy, low-cost monitoring and operation from remote locations.
• You can use the same screen data as the on-site V9 series, eliminating the need to create a new remote monitoring screen.
• Multiple startups allow you to monitor and operate more than one V9 series via a single PC.
Use V9 series features directly on your PC
• Display and operation can be performed on your PC instead of on the V9 series.
• It enables you to easily connect to peripheral devices such as printers. There is no need to worry about selecting peripheral devices.
FEATURES – Usability & Graphics
Expression and Beauty
- Compatible with Vertical Placement
The screen can also be displayed and edited while the panel is placed vertically (by left or right turning).
- Video/RGB Input-Output
By attaching an optional unit, videos and RGB images can be displayed on the V9. Also, images displayed on the V9 can be sent to external displays.
* For displaying pictures, 3D parts, video, and RGB input (excluding high-speed mode) only. Other parts are displayed in 65,536 colors.
- Extended Datasheets
It also supports PDF output in addition to standard printer output. By converting various forms such as daily reports to PDF, the printer is no longer needed. It helps to achieve paper and space savings. PDF files saved on storage can be transferred to PC in office using FTP server/client functions, which allows you to check data without having to go to the production site.
Smooth Operation with Your Fingers
- Zooming In and Out with Two Fingers
The displayed image can be magnified up to 200% by pinching out the screen*. It can be reduced to its original size by pinching it in.
* Images can be scaled up and down by double tapping when using V9 Standard/Lite.
- Scrolling Magnified Images
You can view a particular part of a magnified image in close-up while scrolling around the screen.
Abundant Quantity of Information
- Displaying Four Times the Screen Size*
The whole area of a large image can be confirmed easily by scrolling the screen without the need of switching it. The navigation window helps you to recognize the current displayed position instantly.
Images can be laid out four times the screen size in height or width according to your needs.
* According to our own research.
- Widescreen LCD
V9 Advanced models are equipped with a high-precision, high-resolution widescreen (16:9). Greater volume and variety of information can be displayed on the screen.
FEATURES – Storage
Compatible with Event Record Functions
- Instantaneous Video Recording and Playback
By using a commercially available USB camera, you can record video before and after alarm occurrences, such as those due to momentary stoppages, and save it in an SD card to support cause investigation and improve the operating efficiency of equipment.
Equipped with Video Player
- Play Video Data Saved to Storage
By playing videos used for troubleshooting at time of abnormalities, operators can easily learn how to react to the issues quickly.
In addition to viewer initiated playback from the system menu, video can also be played via switch and PLC controller commands. It supports MP4 (MPEG-4) video files to ensure high compression and high quality.
PDF Viewer Function
PDF files stored on an SD card can be displayed. PDF instruction manuals can be used for troubleshooting.
FEATURES – Security
- Improved Operation Log Viewer
The operability and visibility of the log viewer have been improved.
- Search Function
Operation log can be searched for by specifying an operator or date and time.
- Filter/Sort Settings
Filter and sort can be set for displayed items.
- Display Item Settings
It is possible to select items to display in the operation log.
- Security Level Setting
A security level between 0 and 15 can be set for each screen. You can create a high-level security environment by restricting features based on security level.
Switch Interlock: A security level can also be set for a switch. Only users who log in at the authorized level will be able to operate the switch.