1100 | 1300
The ROBERTS I-SERIES Continuous Centrifugal is the most productive continuous centrifugal available. Two innovative Western States’ designs combine to provide maximum throughput with very low final molasses purity; to create the cast stainless steel basket with machined annular grooves for large drainage area, and to innovate the side feed system with complete massecuite conditioning.
The Western States Advantage
Click to download The Western States ROBERTS I-SERIES Continuous Centrifugals Datasheet
The Western States continuous basket is a one-piece high strength stainless steel casting. The high strength of the centrifugally cast basket allows the drilling of large drainage holes and the machining of annular grooves on the inside of the basket. This design provides the highest drain rate of any continuous centrifugal basket available. High drain rate means more massecuite can be processed in a smaller basket. Smaller baskets require less power to operate reducing the cost per ton of sugar produced. All of our baskets feature a Five Year Manufacturer’s Warranty!
The Western States side feed arrangement incorporates an infinitely adjustable butterfly valve (optional needle valve) to accurately control the feed rate to the cast basket with a two stage pretreatment design to condition the feed stream as it enters the centrifugal. The massecuite is accelerated to basket speed before traversing on to the working screen in a nearly tangential fashion, thereby greatly reducing crystal breakage and minimizing purity rise.
Water is added internally to the feed stream to assure complete mixing, while steam is added externally to the feed stream to reduce the molasses viscosity without melting sugar crystals.
Process water and steam controls with flow meters and pressure gauges allow for accurate and repeatable process conditions. By controlling the process water addition the Western States ROBERTS I-SERIES Continuous Centrifugal can control the brix of the final molasses. Only the Western States ROBERTS I-SERIES Continuous Centrifugal can do this.
The multi-point internal suspension on the ROBERTS I-SERIES Continuous Centrifugal provides unmatched stability. The basket and bearing housing, supported internally, separate from the curb, at eight or ten points (depending on model). On most competitive machines, the entire assembly, curb and all, is supported externally. Thus, vibrations are being transmitted to the entire centrifuge and the support structure.
ROBERTS I-SERIES Continuous Centrifugals are available for processing A, B and C sugar with basket sizes from 1100 mm to 1400 mm.
- Exclusive side-feed design for reduced crystal breakage and minimal purity rise
- Operates over Improved, centrifugally cast, stainless steel basket with larger holes for superior purging and new 5-year warranty
- Multi-point internal suspension for superior vibration isolation
- Simplified maintenance:
- Faster screen changes – less screen segments than many competitive designs
- Easy to remove screen clamps
- Above grade, easy access belt tunnel
- Best long term value based on tons of sugar produced per hour
- Every unit precision tested before leaving the factory
- Gentle “guide-rod” style massecuite conditioning system to minimize crystal breakage and limit dissolved sugar
- Touch screen controls with intuitive interface
- We never obsolete ANY machine
- Modernize, refurbish and repair
- More affordable
- Faster delivery
- 24/7/365 Emergency service and support